Monday, January 5, 2009

25 Things I learned in 2008

25 Things I learned in 2008
In no particular order


1. Anniversaries don't always play out the way you planned them
2. Family is more important than anything else (Not that I didn't know this, but I know it more than ever)
3. The little things matter
4. Claiming chores doesn't work
5. Working together, works
6. Laundry needs to be done every day
7. Planning dinners is harder than it seems
8. Cats should be declawed
9. Cuddling makes the world go 'round
10. Bad things happen to good people
11. Girls Day out are just as therapeutic and a date with my husband
12. I have the most supportive husband ever!
13. A day stuck inside is worth it when family is close, and Dog Whisperer is having a marathon
14. A mile a day is good for the heart
15. Harry Potter Series is just as good the 3rd time around
16. A child's laughter is addictive
17. Birth Control isn't always guaranteed
18. Going on a date once a weeks is really hard
19. The phrase easier said than done should be my motto
20. Vacations are well worth the trip
21. Knowing that your brother is growing spiritually is a fantastic feeling
22. I can bowl! ...on the Wii at least
23. First Trimesters are tough
24. I am never going die my hair black again
25. Looking at my son for the first time (on an ultrasound) is liberating

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"15. Harry Potter Series is just as good the 3rd time around"

Oh, I'm on like my 7th time around and it's still just as good!

Short Stories by Ruth said...

Beautifully said Katie!!! I love watching you grow!