Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Liam's Recovery

Liam's recovery has been rather remarkable so far. His doctors and nurses are astounded by his scar healing, his food intake (although its not quite up to what it was before we came in) and his mood. He is a pretty happy boy still. I took this video just a little while ago, and by the way he hasn't had pain medication since 2:00 pm. He is kicking, wiggling, waving his arms and just talking away. He even manages to pull of his chest monitors from time to time.

We have had some great nurses I have been very pleased with how we have been treated. I hope that they treat every patient and patient's family the way that they have treated us. I feel as though I am the only one in the hospital and Liam is the only child that they have to look after. Its a great feeling.

One of the nurses gave us a mirror to put in his crib. He has found that his is quite a handsome little boy! He just keeps staring at himself and talking to himself. Its rather cute!! It makes me so happy that he is happy, he is the joy of my life and its hard to see him hurt. But he is doing so much better and is going to get even better. Any way enjoy the video and thank you to every one who has been keeping up with him.

3 comments:

Tia Marta said...

I came to the computer to see if you had written and posted an update! Thank you! It makes me so happy to see how well he is doing!!! Amazing we can be so far away and receive your updates so quickly! I am so grateful for computers!

Jessica said...

He looks great! Ezra enjoyed watching the video of his little buddy. I told him that cute little Liam had to have surgery too. Hang in there! You guys are so positive, and it looks like he is doing so well! We've been thinking about you lots and praying too. Love love.

miriam said...

He looks so great considering what he's been through! Good thing babies are so resilient! I'm so happy that this is it...and he's better!